Government Polytechnic College for Girls, Patiala was established in 1991. The College is approved by All India Council of Technical Education, New Delhi. The campus is situated on the Patiala-Rajpura road just 3kms from the local Bus Stand/ Railway Station. The institution has beautiful administrative block, hostel, staff colony and well maintained lawns and grounds spread over an area of 15 acres.
The institute runs the following courses :
- Diploma in Architectural Assistantship
- Diploma in Computer Engineering
- Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Diploma in Medical Lab Technology
- Diploma in Modern Office Practice
- Bachelors Program in Pharmacy
- Two year Diploma in Pharmacy
Diploma courses are three year courses and are affiliated to Punjab State Board of Technical Education and Industrial Training, Chandigarh and B. Pharmacy course is affiliated to Punjab Technical University.